SOME MAJOR EVENTS
- Viraat Hindu Sammelan at Milton Keynes was the largest gathering of Hindus outside Bhaarat (nearly 100,000 Hindus from the U.K. and Europe gathered for a two day event).
- The 5th European Hindu Conference held in Frankfurt, Germany.
- The campaign for Ramajanmabhoomi Temple at Ayodhya for construction of Rama Mandir at the holy site of His birth.
- Centenary of Swaami Vivekaananda\’s famous speech at the World Parliament of Religions was celebrated by holding seminars in several cities of the U.K. and Europe.
- Organised protests against the threatened closure of the Bhaktivedanta Hindu Temple at Watford.
- Tri-centenary of founding of Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singhji was marked by an Exhibition on Sikhism.
- VHP(UK) joined with other Hindu organisations in the UK to celebrate Rakshaa Bandhan festival at the Millennium Dome in London on 15 August 2000.
- Organised Vishwa Dharma Prasar Yatra events at Leicester and Watford in 2002. At these events over 10,000 British Hindus had an opportunity to listen to the Hindu religious leaders from India.
- Organised two COHO (Conference of Hindu Organisations) events (August 2001 at Leicester and September 2002 at Birmingham) to bring together major Hindu organisations to discuss various issues facing the Hindu community.